Drop-through Rider - Longboard
- Regular price
- $570.00 NZD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $570.00 NZD
- Unit price
Made to Order
- Trees That Count
Dimensions: 820mm long x 200mm wide
- NOTE: Due to the nature of solid wood boards, we recommend a maximum rider weight of less than 85kg.
- Sustainably sourced blackwood drop-through longboard with laser-etching. The drop-through is our highest performing board and supports a range of skill-levels and riding styles. Our longboards are a medium sized board, making them ideal for cruising and commuting. Each board includes stainless steel nose and tail shields as well as our bespoke laser engraved grip.
- Please note that due to the plant based nature of this board and its finishing oils, laser etching can cause a small amount of resin to be drawn to the surface of the timber where there are larger expanses of etching. This can occur on the grip side of our rideable boards. This is nothing to worry about, it just means that there can be a slight tackiness and shine to parts of these areas. This will disappear within a few weeks of use.
- (Optional) Choose your deck, then choose to add a laser etched artwork!
- (Optional) This board also includes a custom inscription to personalise your ride. Please note the required text in the ‘notes’ box in the checkout.
Each board is unique - boards will vary slightly due to their handcrafted nature and natural grain of the wood.
For each board sold a native tree is planted, helping to restore and maintain New Zealand's environment.
The drop-through shape means that your centre of gravity is lower, making these boards super stable. Drop-through longboards support a wider variety of riding styles. The concave top surface allows for a more controlled ride. Our drop-through boards are fitted with steel nose and tail guards for greater strength and board protection when riding.
Regardless of whether you purchase your trucks, wheels etc from us, or not, we recommend the following:
- Trucks: 180mm (7”) width high quality raw-finished aluminium
- Wheels: 70mm diameter x 45mm width, 78A (black, stone ground finish)
- Hardware: High quality stainless steel, 30mm M5 with nylock nuts
If choosing the full set up option, the above will be provided.
Sourced just 45km from our workshop and with a with a range of tones from chocolatey brown to blonde, this hardwood is a stunning choice for our mini bullet boards and longboards. A super durable timber, blackwood is the perfect material for our rideable range. We recommend the drop-through board for both beginners and more advanced riders.
For each sustainably-grown tree felled, an average of 200 native trees are planted in it’s place. Thank you for helping to regenerate native forests in New Zealand.
For international riders, we recommend purchasing only the deck and sourcing hardware for a full set up at your local skate store when your board reaches its new home. Any full set up boards purchased will come flat packed with the required tool to complete them.
|Standard (NZD)||Free Over (NZD)|
|Rest of the World*||$30||$600|
* Includes most of North America, Europe, UK, Asia and the South Pacific. Orders will be refunded if we are unable to ship to your location.
More details about shipping can be found HERE.
TREES THAT COUNT - Working with New Zealanders to plant millions more native trees.
Trees That Count loves trees. Not just any old trees though: Aotearoa’s special native trees. They are a conservation charity bringing together business, community and everyday Kiwis with the vision of helping plant 200 million native trees across the country.
Their aim is to make it easy for Kiwis to make a difference and plant millions more native trees through their community marketplace. This marketplace matches funded and gifted trees with worthwhile planting groups around the country.
That means that for every Paper Rain board you go home with, a New Zealand native tree is planted through Trees That Count on your behalf!
“Planting native trees is one of the most powerful actions we can take to combat climate change, protect our beautiful landscapes, waterways and forests for future generations.”
On behalf of our beautiful Aotearoa: Thank you!